Cox and email revisited

Author: Augie Grayfox
Subject: Cox and email revisited
Hi All,
Recently I tried to email a client of mine ( which I've done untold times=
=20
before ) using cox' default email server and got a rejection notice:

[ This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

    Recipient: <>
    Reason:     prohibited. We do not relay

Please reply to
if you feel this message to be in error. ]

So thinking that I could get this fixed I emailed them and when that wen=
t=20
unresolved, I called them and lo and behold as soon as they found out I w=
as a=20
Linux user...basically end of discussion.

The hokey reason they tried to give me was that since I use Linux, there =
is no=20
way they can begin to troubleshoot my problem. I explained that the probl=
em=20
is not a hardware issue on my end, but rather an admin issue on their end=
=20
because I DO have email working, and the only problem is that THEY are=20
blocking it from getting to my client.

All they would say was that the problem would be escalated to their admin=
=20
office. Needless to say, I don't believe that I'll be hearing anything fr=
om=20
them anytime soon.

Hell of a way to run a railroad!
--=20
Augie Grayfox
grayfox78 at cox dot net

"When things go wrong, don't go with them" Anonymous