Re: standalone mic

+ (text/html)
Author: Bob Elzer
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: standalone mic
Just my two cents or rather 99 cents

I have a teamspeak server so i use that a lot and before I used a headset
to talk with people in game. What bugged me was that expensive headsets
would always wind up breaking the wires with no way to fix it. So I got
tired of buying new ones. I wound up buying a cellphone mic in a 99 cent
store and bought an adapter at radio shack that let me plug it into my
sound card. It worked sounded great so i bought five more, when the wire
broke I threw it out and used the next one. I found an old desktop mic and
gutted it out and inserted the mic I was using. I haven't had to replace it
yet. Still have 4 replacements if something does happen. I've seen others
buy expensive mics and sound bad and I have been using my same mic since
2010

If anyone wants to connect to my teamspeak and hear how it sounds let me
know

So find whatever works for you and don't think that it has to be an
expensive solution.