standalone mic

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: standalone mic
moin moin,

With everyone else suddenly going online I need to finally improve some of
my versatility.

Any recommendations for microphones?

Needs:

* something that does well with voice, e.g. podcasts, presentations, meetings

* something that will work for an acoustic instrument

* works with laptops and desktops

* can eliminate background noises

* works with debian/Ubuntu

Wants:

* one mic to rule them all rather than needing multiple mics

* works with cellphones

* wired connection option

* inexpensive

* can be used in an open room with someone else joining the same chat room
in a different room in the house without flashback sound effects

* can be used in an open room with someone else joining the same chat room
in a different room in the house with flashback sound effects because
kidling thinks it's hilarious :)

We already have that last feature with the current setup.

For the most part, mic use can be in isolated parts of house. I might end
up needing multiple mics. If so, preferably they'd all be the same, but
that's not strictly a requirement. Most likely, I'll be buying one mic and
multiple headsets with mics.

Preferably, I'll be buying from Newegg.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# Linux Fest Northwest cancelled, working to get presentations online