Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives

Author: Ed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives
Hi Bill & All

Mount your SSDs with noatime if you aren't running anything that needs
it(some email clients) also check and make sure your SSDs are good to
run trim - some had problems and were listed in kernel as not able to
use trim. That was a while ago, most are fully functional these days.
Depending on if you are willing to add a PCIe card, NVMe adds even
more performance.

Breaking out the high traffic partitions to a HD was a good idea, but
not needed with current SSDs.

Have fun & enjoy old hardware feeling new again.