Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives

+ (text/html)
Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives
About 4 years ago I bought a 1TB SAMSUNG 840 EVO that cost $300. Prices
have come down. I see the latest model in 109.99 for a 1TB at newegg.
Mine came with a 5 year warranty. The latest model comes with a 5 year
warranty also. About a year later I upgraded all my hardware to SSDs.

I do not segregate any partitions or files. At first I was even leery
of running my anti-virus software. Then I got over it.

I use my SSDs like I would a spinner.

I think SSDs are intelligent and spread the writes out over the entire
drive to even the ware.  I think my drive has extra space that can be
made visible if a bad area is removed.

I cannot believe a 500GB SSD is only $59.00..... Maybe that is holiday
pricing....