Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SSDs versus spinning-rust drives
I do lvmcache on my servers all the time. And when provisioning I can build
in extra space for wear leveling. I actually did a presentation on setting
up lvmcache and can even include the ppt from that.

I have also used it on a desktop and it actually saw a benefit as well.
Although I no longer have a desktop and my replacement laptop is 100% SSD.