Re: Reliable ISP?

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists, Joe Neglia
Subject: Re: Reliable ISP?

I've had a Cox Business account for maybe 8 years. I've only had one
outage, and it was short. My package is a home office type of plan. I
am currently running a LAMP + BIND + Postfix + Dovecot on a laptop on my
single static IP. I am told I can rent more static IPs... I assume I
will need some hardware to be able to accommodate more than 1 IP unless
I am port forwarding to different boxes.
I configured this server on a laptop to see if I could do it. I am a
PHP dev, with some light LAMP server experience. I still have a lot to
learn.

Cox Business does not block any ports.

Cox tells me there will never be any overages because on my plan I
purchase a set up and down which cannot be exceeded.

I am satisfied with Cox Business