Reliable ISP?

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Neglia via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Joe Neglia
Subject: Reliable ISP?
Any recommendations for a reliable ISP?

(Couldn't find any recent discussion in the PLUG archives, so am asking
here.)

I currently have a business account (I'm running a small server on a static
public IP address for my business), but am having a *terrible* time with my
current ISP. Worked *great* for about a year, but have been having daily
outages for about a month now.

Don't even want to say the name for fear of being sued for libel. They were
honest enough to admit it is an "internal issue", and have no ETA on a
fix. "[Their] technicians continue to work to resolve the problem in [my]
neighborhood. Currently, there is no estimated time for when service will
be restored."

I get the feeling they don't have a grasp on the problem, as when I call
their status line they report an outage even when the system is up. When
my connection goes down, a modem reboot sometimes (but not always) gets me
connected again.

Speed is not an issue. But reliability is! Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.