cable modem question

Author: Jason Hayes - HHC
To: PLUG
Subject: cable modem question
I am finalizing my move to Phoenix and am going to have my cable service
hooked up on the 8th.

I chose the hook it up yourself route to save on the installation costs
(it's my Scottish roots). However, I have been babying my ancient
Motorola Cybersurfer Wave modem for the last several years and the Cox
folks said that, because of it's advanced age, it will not cooperate
with their system.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid cable modem that is Linux
friendly, is compatible with the Cox system and is readily available
somewhere in the valley?

Or is it just easier to pay the $59.95 and pick one up from Cox?

Thanks
--
Jason Hayes