Re: cable modem question

Author: Austin Godber
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cable modem question
I would just go with the one from Cox which will be a Motorola Surfboard. Or buy the 5100
Joseph mentions (I am tempted to do so myself). While all compatible cable modems will
work ... they are not created eqaully. I have two Terayon modems which have been giving me
trouble since the heat has hit ... pushing the envelope on the TX power ... the Terayon started
flaking out. I had to remove a splitter I was unaware of to get it to work again BUT trying a
Motorola ... it worked fine with out removing the splitter. So it seems that the tolerances on
the Motos are better ... it could also be the age of my Terayons.

Austin