Re: cable modem question

Author: Kevin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cable modem question
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:43 -0700, Jason Hayes - HHC wrote:
> I am finalizing my move to Phoenix and am going to have my cable service
> hooked up on the 8th.

Welcome to Phoenix!

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid cable modem that is Linux
> friendly, is compatible with the Cox system and is readily available
> somewhere in the valley?

On the Cox network in the Phoenix market, you should be fine with
anything that is DOCSIS 2.0 compliant:
http://www.cablemodem.com/specifications/specifications20.html

I know there are DOCSIS 2.0 Motorola Surfboards and Linksys modems
working without problems here. Just make sure you buy something that is
up to the 2.0 spec and not 1.x.

...Kevin