Installing specific version of X on Debian/Knoppix

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: Installing specific version of X on Debian/Knoppix
--z6Eq5LdranGa6ru8

[Apologies for replying to myself. I know it's poor style.]

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:39:34AM -0700, Bill Jonas wrote:
> interested in going this route, I would be willing to help. Note that
> performance with the open source drivers isn't that good yet, since this
> is the first version with support

Bleh, sorry. I got distracted by the fact that I'm now referenced in
Radeon 9200 page to which I linked in my write-up. (And by trying out
the new tip on that page.) Anyway, as I was saying, support for these
Radeon chipsets is in its early stages, so it's not optimized yet; that
will take time. I don't know whether or not ATI's own drivers would do
better; one would presume that they would at this point.

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--z6Eq5LdranGa6ru8

--z6Eq5LdranGa6ru8--