Installing specific version of X on Debian/Knoppix

Author: Deepak Saxena
Subject: Installing specific version of X on Debian/Knoppix
Warning: I'm a complete debian newbie

I just installed Knoppix on my system and I've run into a
slight situation I'm not sure how to deal with.

I've got an ATI Radeon9000 and to get full usage out of it,
I need to install the ATI binary drivers. These are available
in XFree 4.1.x and 4.2.x flavors. Knoppix by default ships
with XFree 4.3.0, so this means the driver won't load. I need
to move to XFree 4.2.0 and was wondering if there is a way
to force installation of specific version of package with apt-get?

Tnx,
~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - - http://www.plexity.net/

"Waste equals food"
- William McDonough & Michael Braungart, Cradle to Cradle