Best Place to Register a Domain Name, Opinions Wanted

Author: Thomas Cameron
Subject: Best Place to Register a Domain Name, Opinions Wanted
I use www.gkg.net - I have probably a dozen or so domain names hosted with
them, and have covinced a couple of clients to go with them. If you e-mail
them a help request a real human answers, usually within 10-15 minutes. I
don't know if they are the cheapest, but their support is kick ass.

No matter what, don't ever use NameZero. They screwed up a client's
registration, which is not that big a deal - things happen. But I challenge
anyone to find a phone number anywhere on their web site. I tried calling
the phone number listed in whois, but it just rang and rang, no one ever
answered. I sent a help request via e-mail, and I got an answer back THREE
DAYS LATER promising the problem would be resolved in 24-72 hours. 72 hours
later it was not fixed. I sent another e-mail. I got a response back in -
you guessed it - three days. It was the exact same form letter I had gotten
before promising the problem would be resolved in 24-72 hours. This went on
for a MONTH. I was finally able to get Network Solutions to help me out. I
never got any human response from NameZero. I hope that they go under, they
totally suck.
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Cameron Technical Services, Inc.