Best Place to Register a Domain Name, Opinions Wanted

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: Best Place to Register a Domain Name, Opinions Wanted
On Friday 11 July 2003 3:12 pm, Eric Lee Green wrote:
> On Friday 11 July 2003 02:59 pm, George Gambill wrote:
> > Does anyone have an opinion as to the best (cheapest) one given that =

> > don't need then to host the site?
>
> Never used'em, but there's folks that swear by Scottsdale's very own Go
> Daddy. http://www.godaddy.com

=09We register and transfer domains every day at EMR, and the best place =
to come=20
from, register with, and leave (3 important stages in domain ownership) h=
as=20
to be, hands down, DIrectNic.

=09Names4ever being the worst, even if you don't use DirectNic NEVER use=20
Names4Ever, you will *never* get your domain back if you want to move it =
and=20
by never I mean before it expires and you have to pay them again.

=09*Always be sure to check not only the registration price, but also the=
price=20
for renewals. I know DirectNic is $15 every year. Some others have been=
as=20
low as $2.95 for the first year and $30 for each additional year. =20

=09*Decide early if you are not happy with your current registrar. Most=20
registries require transfers to be at least 3 months prior to renewal or =
they=20
won't authorize the transfer, leaving you to re-up with your current regi=
stry=20
before transferring.

=09*For longterm renewals and transfers, make sure your new home supports=
=20
registrations for at least the length you have at your current registrar.=
=20
One customer of ours registered at one company for 9 years, decided he wa=
s no=20
longer happy with their service, took it to company B, who said they woul=
d=20
honor his registration and migrate for the mere cost of one additional ye=
ar. =20
Turns out they only supported registrations for 5 years. Poof! 5 years =
of=20
registration costs out the window.

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.