Re: Reliable ISP?

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Neglia via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Joe Neglia
Subject: Re: Reliable ISP?
I got a block of 16 static public IP's (I think it's called a CIMD /28 or
some such lingo). The uppermost and lowest addresses in the block have a
special purpose, but that leaves 14 usable static IP's. With the one that
I am using, there are 13 remaining ones, seemingly going to waste.

I thought it would be convenient and simple to have a separate Raspberry Pi
server for each site that I am hosting, each with a different static public
IP. But couldn't figure out how to do that. My online research led
nowhere -- knowledge in this area appears to be scarce. Any advice would
be greatly appreciated!

(Incidentally I discovered that Apache has a feature called Virtual Hosts
that let's you host multiple websites behind one static public IP. Works
great, except that only ONE of the sites hosted that way can have SSL
enabled, due to the way Virtual Hosts works. This is how I'm currently set
up.)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 1:15 PM Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <