Re: Linux Memory (again)

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Stephen Partington
Subject: Re: Linux Memory (again)
One of the things I have seen is with browsers they have a flexible memory
footprint. As such they will look at availability of free ram and kind of
bloat to fit in order to cache more and provide a "better" browsing
experience.

There are some under the hood settings that may allow you to restrict this
behavior. Mozilla I found trats each individual profile as its own instance
so it swells super fast. Chrome seems to keep multiple profile awareness
better and considers all profiles together. Eve though it takes more it
usually gives it back more readily.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020, 7:49 AM Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <