Re: xorg: Maximum number of clients reached

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: xorg: Maximum number of clients reached

Ah, xbmc/kodi seems to be a big reason.

      Fired kodi up to catch certain season ending content tonight, and
      yeah, took me from 118 xclients before to max after.  At least I
      got to watch though.

      I tried to launch something after moving it to the background, no
      launch, no error, just usual telltale signs of brokenness, so
      checked...

      mb@host:~$ xlsclients -a | sort | wc -l

      Maximum number of clients reachedxlsclients:  unable to open
      display ":0"

      0

      Thought what changed from an hour ago, nothing more than launching
      kodi.  Killed it (kill -9 pids, kodi wouldn't die otherwise), and
      voila.

      mb@host:~$ xlsclients -a | sort | wc -l

      118

      As usual, probably plugins developed on windoze that doesn't
      bother to limit exploit of the os (probably more encouraged by the
      nsa).  But hey, at least I know I need to yell at someone there to
      figure out how to code it and their plugins properly.

      Just an fyi.

      Side note, this isn't the ultimate evil it seems but a significant
      one.  Tried to launch a gl-based game last night too, and get
      things like sdl() failures to spawn a window, so there's something
      else getting run-down over time.  Craptastic part is absolutely
      nothing errors system-wise, even doing a blanket tail -f on
      /var/log/*, hoping something would bark to indicate such.  I still
      think amd binary drivers are crap.

      -mb