Re: xorg: Maximum number of clients reached

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: xorg: Maximum number of clients reached

And right after, could no longer unlock
      my desktop to get at it, even switch ctrl-alt-F1 and back to F7,
      which normally works until the system just comes unglued.

      So there's apparently 2 layers of problems:

      1) xorg clients exceed counts

      2) system craps the bed as a result, not able to spawn new
      applications via xorg display's

      Odd that system level things like simple-locker break when doing
      so, simply no longer rendering.  Upon montior wake-up, I'll see my
      full desktop, even able to mouse over some things like cairo-dock
      that respond to compositing (of which I killed as a test, no
      kwin/desktop effects running since boot), but cannot otherwise
      interact enough to restart/unlock/reboot the window-manager or
      system.

      Side note, my tty's seem to bind to the non-existent intel sh*t
      card/port on the mobo, so even when ctrl-alt-F1, I don't actually
      get a term.  I can ssh to it, but have tried this, restarting
      lightdm just hangs the system.  Hard reset like a windoze box
      time.

      And it's back for a few days, again.

      I really don't think my usage that abnormal, but seems no one else
      runs into these things.  Very frustrating.

      -mb