Re: OT: OT posts

Author: Mike Hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: OT posts
Alan Dayley wrote:

>While many times interesting, I must say that the off-topic posts are
>getting a bit much.

I'm getting to know a lot of the plug members now so I enjoy the OT
threads more. It's not like we're at work. Let's loosen up once in a
while to break it up a bit. OT in the subject line should be enough for
anyone to ignore, filter or simply delete. We are social creatures, we
humans, and there is more to this community than Linux/FSF/OSS.

I do agree with ocasional moderation. Allow some brevity once in a
while, but don't let it get out of hand, EX: the famous flame wars we
had a few months ago. Even I had trouble with that one. I've noticed
even veterans, no names now, have taken my technical question posts and
responded with humorous replies. And this example was NOT marked OT. So
let's not get hasty and make more rules.

"The reason many of us are here is because of our affinity for
disobedience".

mike hoy