RE: OT posts

Author: David
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: OT posts
On Tue, 10 May 2005, Bart Garst wrote:

> Judging by the four responses I've seen so far, I don't think the OT posters
> really care. Asking them to stay on topic doesn't look like it will work.

You would be wrong on that point.  At least for me.  I do care, which is
why 1) I refrained as long as I could and 2) I apologized at the top of my
post before putting the 'meat' of my post at the bottom of the email
(which is proper etiquette *natch*).    I dont subscribe to this list to
get political propoganda from either side, however, when it gets bad, I
will say something, and I won't limit it to "Hey unfortunate cretin, this
is OT".

> I would like to suggest moderating this list.
>
> Bart

And I would like to suggest that tolerating the occasional OT
political posts would be akin to tolerating the occational Windows OT
posts, or the occational redundant newbie posts.

Unless, of course, you would like to set up your own list and spend your
valuable time moderating all the posts.

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."