OT: trouble shooting ideas?

Author: Devin Rankin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: OT: trouble shooting ideas?

I bought a Fry's special over the weekend. An ECS KT600-A with a Sempron
processor. But I'm having a problem I've never seen before and I was
wondering if anyone out there had seen it before.

The issue is that the board itself will boot. I get a post and a memory
check. But the hard drive and the CD rom are not powering up.

At first I thought this was a problem with the power supply, so I change it.
But I get the same problem with the second one.  grant it, it is not a new
power supply.    But I can't believe that I have two of them damaged in just
the same way.

Anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas?

Devin