Re: destroying hard drives (intentionally)

Author: Michael
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: destroying hard drives (intentionally)
I have heard of severaol ways to do this. The first is use a program
called zap_hdd which will erase the entire partition table at the click
of enter. Then follow up with the dos version of format /0 (I believe)
which will format the drive and write the drive to all 0's, the other is
a program (also windows based) that will rewrite over all deleted info
immediately upon evecuting, I think it called erasue or unerase. The use
of acid will not work, better to open drive up, and place magnet on discs!