Re: Gentoo on PowerPC

Author: Bryce C
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: Gentoo on PowerPC
Yes, possible and exactly what I do. yaboot is setup to give me Linux,
OSX, CDROM, and OpenFirmware boot options. I'm fairly confident that a
PB will run Linux superbly from what I've heard. I recommend taking a
PPC livecd (i.e. Gentoo PPC LiveCD) to the Apple store (4mi for me,
dangerously close) and try booting the desired computer from it. If the
CD boots, then it does/will work. (Hold down 'c' as the computer boots
to boot from the cd)
MOL is not an emulator in any way. It is a virtual machine that boots
any other partition on your mac in another window, or straight on the
terminal using DGA I believe.