vDSL Modem Issues

Author: Nathan England
Subject: vDSL Modem Issues
--=-pMml/O0H4abDC3BZRC89

I have Qwest Choice online vDSL service. It seems they have their
networks set to renew the IP every 5700 seconds. (90 minutes)
If I am donwloading anything, streaming anything, regardless of the
bandwidth use, if I am doing something other than generic web surfing
when the renewal time comes, the modem disconnects and I have to unplug
the modem and let it renew.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or is this not Qwest's fault, but a
problem with my dhcpcd?

I've been trying to download a 700 meg iso, and I have had to reconnect
the modem 7 times in the last two days as my iso trickles in at 12 kbps.

--=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
--Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

--=-pMml/O0H4abDC3BZRC89

--=-pMml/O0H4abDC3BZRC89--