vDSL Modem Issues

Author: Nathan England
Subject: vDSL Modem Issues
--=-I3bBzK6wE7gPuKCtUwRa

I'm using qwest's vdsl because no one around my area has DSL service.
So I'm kind of stuck. It's that or Cox...=20

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 13:25, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2004, at 1:14 PM, Nathan England wrote:
>=20
> >
> > I have Qwest Choice online vDSL service. It seems they have their
> > networks set to renew the IP every 5700 seconds. (90 minutes)
> > If I am donwloading anything, streaming anything, regardless of the
> > bandwidth use, if I am doing something other than generic web surfing
> > when the renewal time comes, the modem disconnects and I have to unplug
> > the modem and let it renew.
> >
> > Does anyone else have this issue? Or is this not Qwest's fault, but a
> > problem with my dhcpcd?
>=20
> I have FastQ DSL over Qwest's lines. I have not experienced this=20
> problem.
>=20

--=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
--Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

--=-I3bBzK6wE7gPuKCtUwRa

--=-I3bBzK6wE7gPuKCtUwRa--