Bandersnatch stolen

Author: Craig White
Subject: Bandersnatch stolen
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 00:21, der.hans wrote:
> Am 17. Sep, 2003 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:
>
> > >Not in downtown Tempe. I will not be supporting MAMA. They've driven off all
> > >the good businesses.
> > >
> > MAMA? What is that?
>
> Mill Avenue Fascists ( Merchants ) Association
>
> They're the ones who decided sitting on the sidewalk is a crime, who banned
> Traveler from playing because people like the group, who've run all the
> cultural centers out of downtown Tempe, who've replaced those cultural
> centers with chains and meat markets...

------
I got the impression from the Az Republic that MAMA is virtually out of
business too. Apparently they owe quite a bit of money to the city of
Tempe and the city will put on the Fall/Winter Festival of the Arts
without them.

As for MAMA deciding what's appropriate in downtown Tempe - I think that
has been coming for years - it's certainly no longer a place where a
student can afford to be - high priced stores and restaurants. No longer
any interesting shops, etc.

Craig