Mozilla -> location bar history

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: Mozilla -> location bar history
--ExXT7PjY8AI4Hyfa

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 06:43:15PM -0500, Mike Starke wrote:
> For some reason Mozilla fails to record any history in
> my location bar. It is empty at any given time.
> It has not always been like this, but I do not know
> if this problem is a result of some cron apt-get upgrade
> or my own fat fingers. Going into preferences, the Clear button
> is also grey'd out.
>=20
> Anyone know how to fix? (Aside from apt-get remove -> apt-get install)

Hmm... I was hoping that there would be some elucidating answers in this
thread, because I'm experiencing the same issue with the location bar
(although not with the "Clear history" button). I've even gone so far
as to remove my .mozilla directory (well, moved it out of the way). The
history.dat file does contain my history, and previously-visted links
are properly showing up in a different color. Additionally, I can't
delete bookmarks through the GUI.

I've also been experiencing some weirdness with the keyboard focus (for
lack of a better term), such that if I open a new window and then close
it, I can't use the keyboard in the original window until I've clicked
on it with the mouse (or, as I recently discovered, hit the tab key
once). If I open a new window and switch back to the original without
closing the new, keyboard focus remains with the new (and sometimes
hitting tab doesn't help and I *have* to click). This also happens
after I dismiss a dialog box. I'm rather puzzled.

This is Debian sid, Mozilla version 1.4-2, last dist-upgraded last week
or week before.

I don't have any tips or solutions, but I thought I'd mention that I'm
seeing the same behavior.

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--ExXT7PjY8AI4Hyfa

--ExXT7PjY8AI4Hyfa--