Kernel swap into Gentoo

Author: Rob Wultsch
Subject: Kernel swap into Gentoo
Is there any particular reason that after I get 2.6 working I could not
just copy over the .config and go from? Xconfig is the same the world
around right? At this point I have not been able to use anything other
than the xconfig from knoppix (and I tried, belive you me, I tried), so
I would need to keep that.

I meant the fstab instead of the lilo.config, so that I not have to go
through the pain of figuring out how to get at my data partion (a fat32
partition that I keep the good stuff in).

My understanding is that there is not dependcy hell with gentoo, *ever*.
That is how things work, right?