Mozilla -> location bar history

Author: Kevin Brown
Subject: Mozilla -> location bar history
Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 06:43:15PM -0500, Mike Starke wrote:
>
>>For some reason Mozilla fails to record any history in
>>my location bar. It is empty at any given time.
>

> Just another note: I decided to check out the Debian BTS. Here's the
> relevant bug (which all the duplicates have been merged into):
>
> I tried the suggestion at the end (the one about libembed_lite.so) and
> it didn't work. I tried the apt-get remove followed by apt-get install
> method; no go. I got the history bar and autocomplete features working
> again when I added --purge to the apt-get remove, followed by nuking
> /usr/lib/mozilla, followed by the installation.
>
> Now if I could only figure out the bookmark and keyboard focus issues...

One piece of relevant information that you don't list is what WM you are using.
Some window managers follow focus from the mouse, others don't. I have seen
some of the behavior of Mozilla that you describe under Windows (e.g. render
window not getting focus when other windows are closed). This may be due to
where focus in Mozilla goes when it is brought to the front as the active app.
Alt-tabbing from window to window works fine. Focus goes straight to the render
frame.