Re: Microsoft Windows Deadline—10 Days To Update Or Stop Usi…

+ (text/html)
Author: Arun Khan via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Arun Khan
Subject: Re: Microsoft Windows Deadline—10 Days To Update Or Stop Using Your PC
On Sun, Oct 20, 2024 at 4:29 AM Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss <
> wrote:

> It was the release of Windows Vista that first pushed me to embrace Linux
> full time. I've gone through cycles here and there, and although my primary
> PC is a Windows Surface Pro tablet, my entire homelab is 100% Linux/BSD.
>
> I was dabbling with dual-boot Windows 95/98 and early variants of Linux

desktops (Ximian, Caldera, KDE).
For me, WindowsME pushed me to switch to a Linux desktop full-time.
Between WordPerfect for Linux and StarOffice, DocBook, Mosaic, and Netscape
-- they were functional enough to get my word processing and spreadsheet
work accomplished.
Today, I keep the OEM Windows installation (<96GB) only for the laptop
vendor's diagnostic tools while the device is under warranty.

--
Arun Khan