Re: Password managers

Author: Matthew Crews via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Matthew Crews
Subject: Re: Password managers
On 3/8/21 9:49 AM, Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> I'm still down with keepassxc, but I miss mobile sync for passwords.  I
> should probably try Bitwarden, but I expect some other sack o' crap will
> just acquire them eventually if they grow.

One major difference between Bitwarden and Lastpass is that Bitwarden's
source code is largely free software (specifically GPLv3 and AGPLv3
licenses). There are some bits that are not strictly free, but are at
least open source (aka source available).

To me that means that, even if some free-software-hating VC buys them
up, they can't *easily* close up the source code.

-Matt