Re: Password managers

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: pademc1 via PLUG-discuss
CC: der.hans, pademc1
Subject: Re: Password managers
Am 24. Feb, 2021 schwätzte pademc1 via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

> I'm looking for a new password manager. I have been using LastPass.I
> tried to upgrade to the paid version but I keep getting shut down.So,
> what do you recommend? "Just because you got the monkey off your back
> doesn't mean that the circus has left town."George Carlin

For web-based systems Bitwarden has a good reputation.

https://bitwarden.com/

Nextcloud also has two password manager apps available.

https://Nextcloud.com/

I believe all 3 allow you to share passwords with other people if you need
that.

I have shared passwords via one of the Nextcloud apps for a project, but
don't remember which I used.

I still prefer KessPass-based systems. I use KeePassXC on my system and
KeePassDroid out of F-Droid on my phones. I have multiple KeePass files
and only share some things on the phones.

https://KeePassXC.org/

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "If you stop people installing their own software on systems they