Re: Password managers

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: Password managers
Fun article I saw today. I didn't even know Logmein was acquired by
another VC troll to add to their bottom line.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/03/demand-for-fee-to-use-password-app-lastpass-sparks-backlash/

I moved off them last year as my 5yr subscription finally ended. I really
liked them originally as revolutionary. I bought it before Logmein bought
them, and regretted it ever since as logmein is a scab of a company I
already hate (no linux support, ever). They've only now whored themselves
out further to vulture capitalists since their video conference solution
fell apart (or never evolved).

I'm still down with keepassxc, but I miss mobile sync for passwords. I
should probably try Bitwarden, but I expect some other sack o' crap will
just acquire them eventually if they grow.

-mb

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 3:10 PM der.hans via PLUG-discuss <