Re: pulseaudio, analog sound output, and WHAT?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: pulseaudio, analog sound output, and WHAT?
Use of pulse virtual "monitoring" interfaces might be useful for muxing
audio, and can be done in the pavucontrol ui.

I used to have these crap foscam ip cameras that only worked via IE/DirectX
drivel, and occasionally would entertain/torment my birds in another room
with this where I had a camera monitoring them. I'd start the mic in IE on
my windoze vm, take the mic input from the vm and redirect to an audio
monitor output stream of mp3's playing on my main desktop, and worked
pretty well to mux between my parent desktop and even my windoze vm. The
monitor i/o's are powerful like this and useful, might be easier than
you're doing to link one input to another output.

Install pavucontrol, the original volume app for pulse, it gives you the
most options for control outside the os bastard versions they build for
"simple"(ton) audio control. I know at least the audio control in kde is
crap compared.

-mb

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:50 AM Matt Graham via PLUG-discuss <