Re: pulseaudio, analog sound output, and WHAT?

Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: pulseaudio, analog sound output, and WHAT?
Oh joy!

I really wish the developers had not taken this route with pulse audio. Because of this, I have had no end of issues when trying to output screen reader audio to my headphones using a standard stereo audio output. My machine has SpDIF and HDMI outputs as well as analog, yet I have not been able to get analog working with any degree of functionality. I literally have to ssh into that machine and run console based programs because I can’t interact with that machine directly.

Thanks for the info on where to locate good example programs. Btw, the machine in question is my RaspberryPi 3 that I was trying to setup for the seeing with sound project.

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Technical difficulties resolution Dept.