question about Java

Author: Michael via PLUG-discuss
To: PLUG
CC: Michael
Subject: question about Java
I want to download a program, ImageJ. I went to the download page and see:

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing transition from Java 6 to Java 8,
this download of "plain ImageJ2" cannot currently be updated to the
latest Java-8-compatible version. See the Java 8 page for details. For
the time being, we recommend using the Fiji distribution of ImageJ to
stay current with updates.

Curious as to what version of Java I have....

~$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.7" 2020-04-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04,
mixed mode, sharing)

So they are a bit behind?
--