Re: zoom and teams patches

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Michael Butash
Subject: Re: zoom and teams patches
How's the video sharing and remote control capabilities? That is always
the issue with linux involved.

Teams, UberConf both don't allow remote control, so they're only
half-functional imho. Even sharing alone, both were also bad about letting
me share one of my 3 displays at a time, only allowing the full 3x display,
or a single application at a time. Zoom and WebEx allow me to show each
display individually. It's like a feature they don't know exists, but is
damn relevant when you have 2-3 displays going at a time.

I use hangouts still for my sms as my main number *is* gvoice still, but
hangouts, duo, etc have never been too usable, or at least everyone else
just went back to the facebook/instagram/whatsapp cartel, or use their
work's service ala zoom/webex/etc. I don't care about or use video (no one
wants to see me), I just need desktop sharing and remote control to get
their stuff working.

-mb

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 7:47 AM Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss <