music speed change w/ pitch correction

Author: der.hans via PLUG-discuss
To: quatsch
CC: der.hans
Subject: music speed change w/ pitch correction
moin moin,

I need to setup and easy to use app for music playback that can change
speed and do pitch correction.

This is for music lessons where the speed needs to change as the students
improve.

Ideally I find Free Software packages for both Android and for desktop (
Ubuntu ). One or the other is sufficient, but I like to have backup plans.

I can't find anything in FDroid right now. I had something before, but
those phones have been wiped and I don't remember what it was. There are
some apps in the google repo, but I'm trying to avoid those.

For the desktop, vlc will speed up and slow down, but only in imprecise
ways.

gst123 will change speed by 10% at time, which is also not fine-grained
enough. It also doesn't do pitch correction. It's fun to play with, but
doesn't help with the lessons.

I'm certain I can be done with audacity, but that's rather overwhelming to
get one feature.

Any suggested apps?

I did find a bunch of other apps for learning music in FDroid. Looking
forward to experimenting with those.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.