Re: Anyone Have USB wifi adapter or 50ft ethernet cable they…

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Anyone Have USB wifi adapter or 50ft ethernet cable they want to sell?
Am 29. Mar, 2020 schwätzte Jim so:

moin moin,

> Someone mentioned the virus and so many people working from home.  This makes
> sense to me.  I'm guessing a lot of people used wifi to connect their
> computers, and found they needed the extra speed or reliability of ethernet,
> so they all rushed out to buy what they needed.  Also a lot of factories in

wifi routers and toilet paper, the currency of the future :).

> China have been shut down because of the virus.  I don't know how long it
> takes a boat to get to the west coast from China.  Has it been long enough
> for the lack of stuff being made to affect the stock in the stores?

The best update I've seen on how COVID-19 has impacted production and
shipping in China and Hong Kong is an update from pine64 last month.

The housekeeping sections are worth the couple minutes it take to read
them.

https://www.pine64.org/2020/02/15/february-update-post-cny-and-fosdem-status-report/

ciao,

der.hans

> just my 2¢
>
> On 3/29/20 12:04 AM, Andrew McRobb wrote:
>> Sorry just found a 25ft I can cheat with using my son's ethernet port in
>> hes room. I'll have to find a matt or something so the family doesnt trip
>> on it. Dont know why network gear is a pain to find atm. Anyone have any
>> luck at officemax lately?

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# Linux Fest Northwest cancelled, working to get presentations online
# https://www.lfnw.org/conferences/2020
# When in doubt, choose the interesting. -- der.hans---------------------------------------------------