Re: Anyone Have USB wifi adapter or 50ft ethernet cable they…

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Anyone Have USB wifi adapter or 50ft ethernet cable they want to sell?
Am 29. Mar, 2020 schwätzte Andrew McRobb so:

moin moin Andrew,

> Sorry just found a 25ft I can cheat with using my son's ethernet port in
> hes room. I'll have to find a matt or something so the family doesnt trip

I have a box of cable, tips and crimp tools, so we can make long cables if
anyone needs them. Had them all for years, so pre-COVID supplies :).

> on it. Dont know why network gear is a pain to find atm. Anyone have any
> luck at officemax lately?

Haven't been in one, but Newegg has steadily been getting me deliveries.

I needed to pick up a few obscure things and increase my storage. I also
needed to replace equipment I'd given to others to get their home setup
working.

Anything that shows up gets to spend some time in the sun before I open
the package, then everthing inside spends some time in the sun as well.

A friend on the inside at one of the delivery companies ( and a radio call
in from someone claiming to be at USPS ) says that they are not observing
decent practices much less good or best in regards to COVID-19.

If you buy something that can take the heat, put it somewhere to bake for
a couple days. If you can't wait or it can't take the heat, then wear
gloves and disenfect it the best you can outside before bringing it in.

ciao,

der.hans

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 11:43 PM Phil Waclawski <>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a 50 ft ethernet cable, how should I get it to you?
>> Phil W
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 11:08 PM Andrew McRobb <>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Working from home and I dont have a ethernet outlet close enough to my
>>> work station. Anyone have 50ft ethernet cable or wifi adapter that works
>>> for Linux?
>>>
>>> Thanks

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# Linux Fest Northwest cancelled, working to get presentations online
# https://www.lfnw.org/conferences/2020
# An architect who does not believe in privacy may also lack faith
# in keeping out the rain" -- John M. Ford, Growing Up Weightless---------------------------------------------------