Re: Stammtisch in IRC Tuesday

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Stammtisch in IRC Tuesday
On 2020-03-16 14:58, Daniel Stasinski wrote:
>> Does anyone have access to a werewolf bot or other IRC game that we
>> can
>> throw into a temporary channel?
> I have a custom bot that plays the Acro game.  I could park it in
> there for a bit.  I just need a channel name and what nick to name it.

[snippage]

Seems interesting, should be a fun addition to the thing tomorrow.

In IRC-related stuff, this was the first time I installed an IRC
client. Or tried to. konversation: Built fine, attempting to join
#plugaz resulted in "You must be using SSL to join this channel".
Reconnect with SSL, same error message. weechat wouldn't build, CMake
errors. quassel wouldn't build, weird SQLite problems conflicted with
firefox. hexchat finally worked. How does a thing with a totally open
protocol standard have so many clients with so many weird problems? Oh
well.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity