Re: WiFi extension question

+ (text/html)
Author: David Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: WiFi extension question
My question is rooted in the fact that I don’t really understand what an “Access Point” can do — if they can serve as the source of an internet connection the same way as your cable modem’s internet device. It seems like they should. But there’s the question of how you log into them and set them up to talk to the remote router in question. I guess that will vary by device.

As for the VOIP interfaces, yes I’ve had several of them myself. I’ve got a couple from NetTalk in a box that I don’t use, one that supports WiFi and one that doesn’t.

The difference is, you plug a POTS phone into them. Not a router.

-David Schwartz