RE: WiFi extension question

+ (text/html)
Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: WiFi extension question
I believe the answer is ‘yes, you can have the wifi “range extender” work that way’.

Longer answer - my daughter once had a VOIP phone that required an Ethernet cable, could not use wifi.
She only had wifi, but the company that she was working for also supplied a ‘wifi access box’ (about the size of a wall wart!, with an Ethernet jack) that she could use to ‘convert’ WiFI into wired for the phone they gave her
Worked great. And I *think* that you weren’t limited to a single device on the wire….

Rusty