Re: Computer

+ (text/html)
Author: Andrew McRobb
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: manuel
Subject: Re: Computer
I don't know the full specs of a 360 image and your PC, but I would at
least recommend upgrading to a 550 or 560 Radeon. (50-80 bucks at Fry's
Electronic). Seems to play the latest games fine even on Proton/Steam and
it seems to manipulate images very quickly. Try that out and see how it
goes first before upgrading anything else.

A lot of image editors these days depend on GPU. So that should help speed
up Gimp. I personally just pop open the case anyway, and get the
motherboard model. That way you know what RAM/CPU you need to be looking
for when upgrading.