Re: ?: Cox vs QWEST

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ?: Cox vs QWEST
On Monday 13 February 2006 05:12 pm, Mark Jarvis kindly wrote:

> Any pertinent comments, suggestions, personal experiences, etc. would be
> appreciated.

Their DSL has been OK. Connection speeds have been better than some Cox
connections I've used.

My DSL phone reception was very noisy and I complained to Repair until I just
gave up. I knew the problem was at their switching box and not at home, but
they wouldn't believe me and twice they sent repairmen to my house even
though I told them not to. Then they billed me for the visits and I had to
contest the bills.

Last week my DSL phone service went out after they did some work out on the
street on their box. When the repairman came the next day I asked him to also
look into why my phone signal had noise on it. He found a tiny crack in THEIR
wire, at THEIR box, just like I suspected all along. He replaced the wire and
connected my lines to a different switch, and all is good now. I just wished
they had that four months ago...

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC