Re: OT: Hardware problem, suggestions please!

Author: FoulDragon@aol.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Hardware problem, suggestions please!
In a message dated 6/29/2005 7:16:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

>There are a ton of flaky OEM AMD processors around, sometimes coming from
>otherwise reputable vendors.

o.O

I've never had a processor problem with an AMD chip, even when bought from
some of the crappiest shops in the universe (won't name names, but they're on
Broadway right near the 101). K6-233, K6-III-333, Duron 750, Athlon 1200,
Athlon XP 2000+, Duron 1600, all bought "bare CPU" style, at many different shops,
and all worked fine.

I think a likelier culprit is that a "fine" CPU is teamed with an
inappropriate cooler (I have two funny stories about that shop I won't name if anyone
cares)