Re: move Stammtisch?

Author: David Huerta
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: move Stammtisch?
> > Richard,
> >
> > What is there in the area of Central and Indian School that might meet the
> > needs?

Lux Coffeebar?

> > I just drove down Central and as I passed Indian School I didn't see
> > anything that looked promising.

There's too little on the Westside to offer a place for a Stammtisch
meeting. I can only think of the Sahara Cafe on 7th Ave. + Missouri
that's about the closest thing we have to the Muse Cafe. Plus, the
West Side tends to lean towards the practical / training-y kinda
meeting rather than meeting for socializing and coffee.

> Westsiders cannot get to Eastside events, but Eastsiders often REFUSE to go
> to Westside events (this may change when the Glendale arenas get going and
> habits change).

Well, DeLUG's seen a fair share of East Valley folk visiting and even
presenting in the West (well, north-central) Valley. Things may
already be changing.

> Neither rotation nor creating a Westside stammtish is likely to be
> satisfactory.

I agree. Adding any semblance of math above the day of the month--if
even that, tends to confuse visitors.

david [.dh] huerta
devrylinux.org