Re: CentOS Cisco to XP Remote Workstation

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: CentOS Cisco to XP Remote Workstation
I've download from them in the past (my employer at the time wouldn't provide the Linux version). Cisco doesn't sell the VPN client by itself. It's like driver software, it just connects you to their hardware (for which they charge quite a bit). If they were thinking clearly, they'd open-source the client and let their user community (which includes a rather large number of people who can fix code) help them vet the security and fix any bugs (and port to other platforms, like the BSD systems).