Re: OT: OT posts

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: OT posts
stu <> wrote:
> I just want to say that I find value in everything
> I read here, OT or not. IMHO, OT postings are not
> generally a problem unless they erupt into a flame
> war. As a personal rule, I limit my OT postings to
> one or two responses per topic - Say what you have
> to say, but don't persue the matter.

Ditto. I filter plug-discuss to its own folder,
scan the subject lines, and read about half of it.
The only reason I can imagine for objecting to OT
is for people with very limited bandwidth for whom
the download time is a burden.

I'd support various types of discipline to "purify"
the list, like the one I trial-balloned, but I've
never really seen that kind of thing work. We are
a community, and this is where people come to talk.

Vic